Secured Personal Loans
What is the difference between a secured personal loan and one that is unsecured? The dictionary definition tells us, simply, that in an unsecured loan the borrower offers no collateral.
But there is much more to it than that. Because no collateral is offered, unsecured loans are considered risky. If the borrower defaults, court action is often the only way that the lender can recover some or all of their costs. For these reasons, unsecured loans are harder to come by, and they cost a lot more because of significantly higher interest rates.
On the other hand, CMI secured personal loans allow you to use your home equity as the basis for the loan. Your home is a tangible asset that makes the loan much less risky for the lender. As a result, you will find approvals easier and interest rates far, far lower.
Line of Credit
Perfect for a secured debt consolidation,
credit repair and renovations
and business loans!
Home Equity Products from CMI
CMI mortgage brokers are experts in home equity loans and lines of credit. We routinely secure very generous terms that give you access to anywhere between 75% and 90% of your home’s appraised value.
Even if you have had trouble borrowing money in the past, we can get you the financing you need. Because we work with a large pool of lenders, we can tap into sources that you may not even be aware of. Our lenders include many private sources that will commit to higher risk cases.
How Our Borrowers Use Their Home Equity
Home equity loans have many applications:
- Get the new kitchen or bathroom you’ve always wanted, or add on to your existing home instead of moving out. Your home equity can give you the funds you need.
- Obtain the capital you need to start your own business or grow your existing business.
- Consolidate high-interest debts. Our mortgage experts can show you how to use your home equity to pay off troublesome debts that are costing you a fortune. Once those are cleared, you will be left with one manageable low-interest loan.
With a home equity loan or line of credit, you can bypass credit cards that come at a much higher interest rate. These loans really are an affordable borrowing option.
Service You Can Rely On
At CMI, we offer service you can depend on.
- As mortgage brokers, we are on your side. We do not represent or favour the products of any one lender.
- Our team has over thirty years of real estate experience.
- We have access to more than $50 billion in lending capital from over 250 different lenders.
- All told, we have a selection of over two thousand mortgage and home equity products.
- As a sign of our commitment to meeting your needs, we offer no-charge, confidential consultations to answer all of your questions before we get started.
Contact us today to learn more about secured personal loans from CMI.