Home Remodelling Loans
Making changes to your home can increase its value and boost its selling price when you put it on the market. But home renovations are expensive. One of the best ways to finance your changes is through home remodelling loans from CMI.
We have over 2,000 home equity and mortgage products to choose from. One of these will be right for your home renovation project.
Home Renovation Loans
From kitchens and basements to
additions, & teardowns, we can finance it all!
Start with a Clear Idea of Your Financial Needs
The key to a successful home renovation is planning. Always begin with a budget. Once you have a ballpark figure for your project, add a little extra to cover any extras that might come up during the renovation process. Then you can talk to us about the various financing options we offer:
- Mortgage refinancing up to 100%. Pay off your existing mortgage and add the cost of your renovations into the new mortgage you take out.
- Second mortgages up to 100% for all credit types. An affordable way to tap into the equity in your home to pay for remodelling.
- Secured home equity line of credit. Set up a credit line to borrow what you need as you need it. If you are planning to sell sooner rather than later, you can repay the credit line with the proceeds from the sale of your house.
- If you have default insurance, you may be able to qualify for a “top-up” mortgage to cover renovation costs.
When it comes to refinancing and home equity loans, our certified mortgage brokers do the work for you. We will search our database of over 250 lenders to find one with terms that suit your needs, and we will do the negotiating required to get you the best rate.
Invest Wisely in Home Renovations
As part of your renovation planning, be sure to consider the cost to value of the changes you are making, especially if you have plans to sell in the next few years.
According to Remodeling Magazine, some of the best cost-to-value ratios come from renovations like these:
- Kitchens, with a 75-80% return on investment (ROI).
- Bathroom remodelling, with an ROI of just over 70%.
- Adding an attic bedroom, which used to be lower on the list, now offers an ROI of nearly 85%.
- Outdoor improvements, like siding, windows and wood decks, give returns around 80%.
- A 2-storey addition, while expensive, still offers a return of nearly 70%.
- At the bottom of the list, with returns below 50%, are pools, home office remodelling and sunrooms.
Talk with the Real Estate Experts at CMI
Once you have your budget in hand and know what kind of financing you need, you can talk to a CMI certified mortgage broker about home remodelling loans. We can get you fast results – often within 24 hours – so you can get started right away on making your home renovation dreams come true.